Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I finally did it.

Yes, I did spend $100 on a font. Yes, it was totally worth it.

Burgues script is an extremely popular font right now. If I have a choice in the matter, I prefer to start trends rather than follow them, however, this font is so beautiful that I had to give in. You might be wondering why a font could cost so much. Part of the reason for the high price tag is the large number of ligatures/glyphs it has or for lack of a better word,  "flourishes" that come with it. Every single letter has at least two alternates of the same letter, each having its own unique strokes. Bickham Script is another popular script font that comes with lots of glyph options. 





So far, I have loved using Burgues and I've only used it for one project.  I'm currently working on a custom invite that uses  a lace/doily pattern.  Will post some images later!




No comments: