Thursday, October 15, 2009

custom design sneak peak

It's funny that the most challenging projects I take on usually turn out to be the most successful. I'm not sure why, I tend to second guess myself continually on whether the stuff I'm making is going to make my clients happy. I took on a custom design for a couple who is getting married Vero Beach, Florida. The challenge was to create a design with palm trees, bicycles, and lots of yellow (sunny florida!) which may not seem like that big of a challenge, however, in my opinion, it's hard to create palm tree images (or beach themed images) that don't look cheesy or cliche...  I'm still in the process of working on this one. Here are a few versions of the save-the-date:





which is your favorite? I can't decide!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

totally love the first! short and sweet:)

Nicole-Lynn said...

I love the last one!

Anonymous said...

The last one is fabulous - whimsical but the curved waves have an element of classiness. :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Hope all is well! Miss your posts!

Alaina Cherup said...

thanks for all the input-- I am alive believe it or not!

Anonymous said...

Which one did they pick?!

Alaina Cherup said...

actually, they picked none of these. The final save the date had the palm trees with a taxi on it... maybe I'll post it!

Anonymous said...

oooh! Can't wait to see. I just LOVE this design!!