Monday, April 23, 2012

so proud.


Normally my posts don't revolve around personal matters, but I couldn't resist sharing a bit of news. my sweet niece was born last week! I am so blessed to have been allowed to help out with the delivery. I got to stand by my sister's side just about the entire time. you can bet this little one is going to be spoiled.

 
 I will say that I didn't expect to be so emotional. I almost feel like it was ME who gave birth. I know that's totally silly because I didn't endure one speck of pain; but standing by my sister, coaching her, counting for her, it made my heart race! Once it was all over, I couldn't help but release some of that pent up emotion.... of course, they were some of the happiest tears I have ever shed!

4 comments:

nicole said...

Congratulations! She's so pretty. What's her name? Welcome to the world, little one. ;)

Lindsay Ann Hinkle said...

ohhh she is BEAUTIFUL!! babies are such a joyful and magical experience... its hard not to get emotional, even if theyre not your own! congratulations!

http://dlezr.blogspot.com

.... said...

The love of family support is so wonderful...Congratulations, to the entire family.

Warm wishes,

Carmella

Alaina said...

thanks so much all! her name is ada jean.