Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April Showers Bring May Flowers

This is the first year I have gotten to plant flowers at my own place... I was really excited and bought way too many flowers at the store.... So when I got home i did a little ransacking of our apartment to see what I could come up with as far as make-shift pots. We dont have a lot of green space at home-- just cement--so pots are the only option.





I came up with a bunch of old antique tins I had used for our wedding to put flowers in--so why not pot flowers in them too?
I nailed holes in the bottom of them to let the water drain, and it was easy as cherry pie. My sister also gave me a used clemetine box--one of the fun wooden ones. So I planted some little lettuces in it. They are so cute! I never thought I could say that about lettuce. I don't even like lettuce. So you see how the allure of gardening has power over me.




I also thought it would be cool to plant flowers in old sterling silver teapots, but I have yet to figure out an easy way to put holes in the bottom, short of making my husband drill some.

I have a sneaking suspicion all my plants will be dead come mid-July. Only time will tell.

No comments: